Monday, December 15, 2014

Tortured For Christ: Audiobook Review


I received this book courtesy of Christian Audio for the purpose of writing a review. 

Narrator Thoughts: Normally even when you are listening to a book about people in a different country, most narrators don't adjust their voices for the place where the author came from. I thought that Alex did an amazing job of speaking distinctly and speaking in a German, Russian, or Romanian accent depending on the place in the book. It was very good. He gave a depth and meaning to the book that was very helpful. 

Book Thoughts: I had heard about this book for many years. Now I know that the reports were not exaggerated. I found this book challenging and convicting. 
It clearly details the struggles and tortures of the underground church around the world today. It exposes the communist party and how their "churches" are nothing more than a front to hide the fact that there really is no religious freedom. 
I wouldn't recommend this for younger readers because of some of the graphic content. All true and very powerful. 
This is very powerful book. It reminded me of my suffering brothers and sisters around the world. I need to pray for them and help them. 

You can buy this book on Amazon or Christian Audio    

No comments:

Post a Comment