Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Chose Love: Audiobook Review



I received this book courtesy of Christian Audio for the purpose of writing a review.

Narrator Thoughts: Another author read book that was fantastic. Stormie does an excellent job of bringing the pages to life. The emphasis and passion that she gave to this book were very nice.

Books Thoughts: From the first chapter I found Choose Love to not only be an informative book about the love of God, but also a call to love God and others. As I listened I my soul was  not only impressed with a sense of how much God loves me, but also a sense of how that compels me to love others. When you have been loved, you cannot help but love. This book was very encouraging to me. It reminded me of the Father's love for me.

The only thing that I didn't like about this book was that at one point she said that if your earthly father was abusive it is very hard for you to understand God as your loving Father. While I know that this is true, I also know that blaming others for our struggles is not the answer. Awakening to the reality of His love is a struggle no matter what your childhood looked like. But letting God and His love come in and heal us from the scares of the past, that is the real key. Again this is just my personal thought.

Through personal experiences and stories, Stormie shares her heart about the love that has captured it. At the end of each chapter she had prayers and verses tying in with what she talked about in the chapter. I found them very refreshing.

You can buy this book on Christian Audio or Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment