Friday, May 31, 2013

Just Let It Go

Since the last time we talked, things have changed. I've spent a lot of time with God and catching my breath. You know what I found out? There's great peace that comes when you let go.


Let go of your plans, your wants, and your impossible wish list. I had worked myself into a frantic knot trying accomplish everything that I thought I needed to do. I was running around crazy, but not doing anything well.  That wasn't a to do list that motivated me to get things done, it was causing me nothing but worry. That should have been my first clue. When something in our life - a goal, list, or what have you - is causing us nothing but fear, it's probably not from God. It probably comes from our need to have things get done.

It's in letting go, there is real peace. Simply freeing yourself from the need to do it all is so freeing.

Sometimes the demands of ministry can become overwhelming if we hold ourselves to an impossible standard. Let go. Do all you can and then leave room for God to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment