Friday, April 19, 2013

Audiobook Review: Operation Screwtape


I received this audiobook for the purpose of doing a review.

Narrator Thoughts - If I could have picked a voice for this audiobook, I would have chosen someone like David Heath. His deep voice adds the sinister touch that blends with the book to make it believable. He got into the character so well that I was trying to remember that this was just a fiction book based on spiritual realities.

Book Thoughts - The book itself was very good. I thought that Andrew Farley did an excellent job of explaining some of the ways in which the enemy deceives and manipulates us. It was an excellent book for that. It also helped me to remember that I need to rely completely of God. Some of the ways he puts things are brilliant and eye-opening.

The only note I would put on this is that it's not as good as The Screwtape Letters. C. S. Lewis in my opinion wrote the best book on how the enemy of our souls wages war. This book is good, but as far as passing the Screwtape Letters, no it comes in a close second.

To read more on Operation Screwtape, please visit Christian Audio or Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment