Monday, September 10, 2012

Book Review: Fasting – Student Edition



By Rose H. 

I received complements of Christian Audio for the purpose of writing a review. 

Narrator thoughts – He had a nice voice. He was very good at enunciation. Some readers trip over big words or say things fast, not this guy. This narrator was very clear and his voice was suited to the subject he was covering. 

Book thoughts – I thought this book was very good. The author makes it very clear that fasting should be a part of our lives, not something we do if we get desperate. I was convicted that I should take some time and fast and pray. It also helped me to realize that I need to start giving God my firsts and not my leftovers. I also appreciated the emphasis he put on examining your heart to make sure that your motives are pure. 
There are only two things that I didn’t like about the book. One I thought that the author came across as thinking that if you would just fast, your life would be perfect. I personally believe fasting can heighten your spiritual awareness and help you to focus on prayer. But only God can bring about miracles. I also didn’t like how he used some verses to make his point. Some verses he used correctly, others he took out of context and cherry picked what he wanted to hear.
Overall it was a very helpful book. If you are someone wanting to start fasting, this would be a good book to read. With helpful solutions to help you get you started on your own fasting journey, this book is a helpful place to start.    

To find out more about this and other books available on Christian Audio, visit http://christianaudio.com/fasting-student-edition-jentezen-franklin 

No comments:

Post a Comment