Tuesday, September 11, 2012

11 Years Later



11 years. It doesn’t seem like it’s been that long since one of the scariest days in my life. I remember many things from that day very clearly. Sadly the things I remember most are the fear that I felt. I wondered if we would be next. I even remember a few days after that hearing a plane go over our house and my heart starting to race. I wasn’t thinking rationally, so I started praying things like, “please God spare us, I don’t want to die right now.”

11 years later, I now laugh at the me that jumped at the sound of an airplane, but I don’t laugh at the me that watched in horror as two tower fell to the ground killing thousands. No matter how old you are when thousands of people die, it’s cause to be afraid and sad. Anytime the anniversary of 9/11 rolls around I still get heartsick. To think that so many lost loved ones and friends, it’s sad.

11 years after these events, there is hope and thankfulness. Hope for a better tomorrow and thankfulness for today. Don’t get so bogged down in the worries and cares of this life that you can look to the future and know that God will make all things good.

11 years from now, who knows where we will be, but I know that whatever the future holds, God will be right there seeing me through whatever comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment