Friday, May 4, 2012

The Story

 Since we celebrated the 2nd Birthday of Homemade Ministry earlier this spring, I thought that you would like to hear a little bit about how Homemade Ministry began. Here goes …
            When I was getting ready to graduate high school, I knew that I wanted to do more ministry work when I finished school. I had always loved making things with my hands and wanted to use these talents to help others.
            The only thing was I didn’t know any ministries that took handcrafted items. I wanted make blankets to give to babies in the hospital, but I was clueless as to where to give them.
            Then one day as we were talking to some ladies that work at our library they started talking about a charity that they gave to called The Linus Connection. They made blankets, and then they would give them to this charity, that would then give them to kids in need. It was perfect. I had found a place to make blankets for.
            So I began working. I would make blankets and then give them to the ladies at the library, who would give them to charity. It was so exciting. I now had a place to make blankets for.
            After a while, I wanted to find other ministries that would take things for preemie babies since I had a heart for babies. So I did some research on the internet. I did find several really neat ministries and charities, but I had to do a lot of research to find the good ones. I became frustrated with dead ends or ministry links that were no good.
            So two years ago I started this blog called Homemade Ministry. It’s a blog where you can find out information about charities that need homemade things. I check out all these charities and then post a little bit about them with a link back to them. The idea is that you will find ministries quickly and easily, and to save people the trouble of having to do the research that I did.
            Since then I continue to keep crocheting and blogging. God continually helps me. I continue to work and write. There always seems to be things to do and new ways to serve.
            But for each new task God always provides strength. He helps me continue in my Homemade Ministry.
            Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment