Friday, July 1, 2011

An Overdue Update on Co-op

Co-op is over.  Teaching was such a wonderful opportunity and I’m glad that God gave me the chance to grow this way.
                Teaching actually ended up being easier than I thought. Before I started teaching at co-op I thought solo teaching was the last thing that I would do. I was scared that I would mess up. But once I had done my first lesson, I found out that it was easier than I thought and that I enjoyed sharing with my students what I had learned.
                Teaching also allowed me to get to know some wonderful girls who I probably would have never gotten to know otherwise. I didn’t just get to teach, I got to know my students. That was a great blessing.
                One of the most touching things was on the last day of co-op. My students surprised me by giving me presents and cards. I could tell that they came from their hearts. It made all the work, planning, running around, hard moments, and teaching worth it. To know that I had made a difference in their lives was wonderful.
                So where is God going to take this gift? I don’t know all the answers. But wherever He takes me I know that it will be good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment