Friday, February 15, 2013

Audiobook Review: Making All Things New


By Rose H.

I received this audiobook for the purpose of doing a review.

Narrator Thoughts - He is very passionate and speaks clearly. I've  always prefered author read books. The only thing I didn't like was that from time to time you can hear pages turning. It's not very loud, but just enough that you can tell.

Book Thoughts - At the beginning of the book I thought, "This is going to be a great book." The opening chapter was about God's dream to draw us to Himself. That part I liked.
As the book went on however, I became disappointed. He talked a lot about judgement and the torture of those who don't follow God. While I understand that this is a very real reality, I felt like he camped there for too long.
I liked his thoughts that God is going to make everything new and that one day all the pain and suffering that we see in the world today will be made right. But I disagree with him about how God will bring that about.
Overall it was an okay book, but I thought he spent too much time on judgement and some of the forms of sin that exist in our world today. But he did have some good points though.

No comments:

Post a Comment