Friday, July 6, 2012

Ministry Assignment: Film Camp


God is so good. He gave me a chance to use my movie making desires to minister to others. No talent or desire that He gives is wasted. In June He gave me an amazing gift. Let me tell you a little about this gift. 



I was so excited to go to film camp. I had always been interested in making films, but I had never had the chance to work on a movie set.

Then I heard about Filmmakers Academy. It’s lead by Christians who are passionate about making movies for the glory of God.

And I got to participate in their weeklong intensive course. It was hard, but so much fun. I was set designer for the Biblical part of the movie. This was challenging. Not only did I have to work with a very modern location, I also had to learn to work with the directors (some of whom would start saying two different things). If you are a decorator set design is for you. You have to envision what you want for the set and work to implement that vision. For me, it was all new and I had to learn quickly, but I did enjoy it (even if it was stressful at times).

Before

After

And for one day in June we did filming. Complete with Texas heat, bright lights, and smoke machines. I learned that day that most of filming is move the camera and lights around. Yes there is a little acting in between, but most of shooting has to do with cameras and lights.

Fun Fact: They use a lot of wooden clothespins on sets, but they call them C-47’s.

The next day was spent in editing and getting things ready for our film premiere. We also took some time to breathe after the hard day of filming the day before. 



At the premiere I was floored. All of our hard work came together to make a really good film.
I learned so much this week about film. As to where God is going to use all these tools, I don’t know. But I am so glad I got to learn and participate.

If you want to watch the film go to https://vimeo.com/44284055       

No comments:

Post a Comment