Monday, December 6, 2010

Time, Christmas, and Family.

     If you’re like me I spend a lot of time giving to others. I make blankets for charity. I make cards, write them, and give them away. I volunteer, I teach, and I help out.

   And I bet you do too. All year you give to others. You work, craft, and give.
   Sometimes we get so focused on giving to others that we forget to give to family.
   I know that this year has brought many changes to my life. God has allowed me to do things like this blog. Teach co-op. Write a play. Help a friend with her wedding. In many ways I’m doing the things I have always wanted to do.
   Yet all this has taken time away from family. Now everyone is getting ready for the holidays. Co-op is taking a Christmas break. My friend is happily married now. My writing right now consists of blog posts. Things have quieted down.
   In some ways it’s hard to get back to being focused on home life having spent the last four months running around. But God is good and He has been helping me.
   It has been good to have a break. To be able to rest and put my feet up without getting behind. It has been nice to be able to spend more time with family.
   And that it what I am looking forward to the most this Christmas. I look forward to spending some time with my family talking around a brightly lit Christmas tree.
   Let’s make a goal now through Christmas to spend a little time with family each day. Even if it’s just a kind word or sitting listening while someone else talks. Let’s take some time every day to take some family time.
   I’ll let you know how it goes at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment