Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Reasons...

Why do we do ministry? Is it to make kids happy? Is it to check off the ministry on our checklist?


           Anything we do should have a good reason behind it. Whether it’s ministry, play, work, or rest time. But what should our reason be?

I know that sometimes I even struggle with the reasons. I get so busy focusing on other things that I forget why I do what I do.

Here are two reasons I have found to do ministry. Yet they are so intertwined that you cannot have one without the other. Therefore I’ll put the most important one first.

1. For the glory of God. When we give up what we have made with no thought of being repaid, in God’s name, it gives Him glory. There is so much in the world that smears God’s name. To have someone that makes His name glorious is a rare find indeed. But you can make His name great by doing something very small. You can give in His name. And when you do, people will notice and give glory to God.
2. To show others the love of God. When we give to others, we show them the love of God. This is an unselfish love. A love that gives with no thought to itself. People may have heard about this love, but unless we display it by our actions thy will never believe. But praise be to God, He allows us to display his love to the world by what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment