Friday, June 24, 2011

A Journey In Acting Part 4

Note: I have often written on how God can use many various talents. This is the story of how God used some of my dreams, talents, and desires for His glory. Originally Published On Virtuous Girlhood. www.virtuousgirlhood.com  

At the first practice we went over acting basics and the first few scenes of the play. I was so excited. I was in a play!  Not only that I had written the play! And if that wasn’t enough I was also getting to be the lead in the play! I was overwhelmed.
The next few months were a whirl of activity. I was amazed at how much God brought together. They devoted a whole class at co-op to making sets. One of the moms volunteered to do make-up. They even added in music. I was thrilled.
The more that I sat back and allowed God to work the more things came together. I loved acting. It was fun and I love the people I got to hang out with and get to be friends with.
I was also surprised at how much God taught me through the play. Things like let God lead. Surrender you dreams to Him and He will either fulfill them or give you something far better. Let life unfold. Don’t try to take what God is not giving you. And God will do much more than you can ever imagine.
As performance day got closer I became more excited. I could hardly believe how much God had done. He had fulfilled a dream that I had given up on. He had changed my heart and made me into a new person. I was excited.
On the day of the play I woke up at four in the morning. I was so excited I hardly got any sleep after that. But I was too excited to be tired.
Standing off stage listening to our director introduce the play, I was thrilled and nervous. I was mentally thinking of everything that I needed to do, but I was also excited to be there.
I thought I would get stage fright, but surprisingly I acted better than I had ever done in practice. It was like I was able to give the play more than I had ever done before. It was a wonderful feeling.
At the end of the play all the cast went up to dance on the stage. I danced all over the stage. I had written, stared, and sung in a play. I was happy.

Later that night when I was talking with God, He repeated to me some familiar words, “Your dream will be fulfilled this year. And I have fulfilled my promise.”
I spun around, sang, and danced out of joy. He had given me an acting dream and then He fulfilled it. He had done more than I could have ever imagined just to give me a special gift.
As I look back on this whole journey that God took me on from writer to lead in the play. The more that I surrendered to Him, the more He was able to do. 
When I gave up on my dream, He went to work. How much more can He do in the future if I will only allow Him to work?

The End ... For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment