Friday, June 3, 2011

A Journey In Acting Part 1

Note: I have often written on how God can use many various talents. This is the story of how God used some of my dreams, talents, and desires for His glory. Originally Published On Virtuous Girlhood. www.virtuousgirlhood.com 
 
I ran up the center aisle and danced all over the stage. A dozen kids danced with me to Shackles (Praise You). It had happened my dream had come true. Could this really be?
                It had taken an incredible journey to get here. One that had taken me down several bends and turns. There had been tears and laughter. There had been talking and silence. There had been waiting and going forward.
                But I digress; I had better go back to the beginning. Back to the start of this journey of writing, acting, faith, surrender, and trust.
                Ever since I was little I had loved acting. After watching a movie with my family, I would go and act out my favorite scenes playing all the different parts. From time to time our family would act out a play together or our church would put on a Christmas play. It gave me a taste for acting and I loved it.
                As I got older my interest in acting, plays, and movies increased. I began to want to act more. I also began to come up with ideas for screenplays and plays. For years I dreamed up these plays, but I wasn’t a good scriptwriter. My best attempts at writing plays were horrible. I stopped trying.
                One day frustrated at my own inability to write and my desire to act, I told God that if He wanted me to write plays, He would have to give me someone to help me learn the art of scriptwriting. After that I promptly forgot all about acting, and writing, for a while.
                A few months later I went to a play that some of my friends were in. I was impressed. It was a Christian play, but not preachy. It was well done and acted. And the director had written the play. As I sat watching this play, I thought that this might be the person God was sending into my life to teach me how to write plays.
                I would have to talk to this guy afterwards.

                To Be Continued …
                

No comments:

Post a Comment