Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Dirty Hands (A Real Post)


Sometimes the best ministry happens when you get your hands dirty. Very dirty.

When I started this blog, I wanted to create a place where girls could have a place to find different ministries to send their handmade creations to. 

Three years ago I felt God tugging at my heart to turn my words into action. To get my hands dirty so to speak. 

Now I am so glad I followed His leading. I started volunteering at a hospital, volunteered at a food pantry, talking and listening to messy people, loving those who needed to know someone cared, making gifts for the sick or hurting, working for a nonprofit disaster relief organization. I've never been "perfect" at it, but as I have opened my heart and my hands to those in need God has grown the size of my heart. As my hands have become dirty with His work, my capacity to love others has grown. 

God is good. 

How about you? What is God calling you to get your hands dirty with today? 

Let's find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment