Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Book Review: How Should Christians Vote?


By Rose H.

I received this audiobook courtesy from ChristianAudio for the purpose of writing a review.

Narrator thoughts –
He has a very strong voice. Perfect for a political book. It sounded like a voice meant of debate and speaking out on political issues.

Book Thoughts –
To be honest I didn’t agree with this author personally. He seemed to feel that if we didn’t vote for the right people that God would condemn us. While I do think the way we vote is important, I do think that God is big enough to work through any and every situation. I believe that God works through the lives of individual people to change hearts, not through political circles.
I did like his point that we should preserve life at all costs. No matter whether it’s protecting unborn babies or protecting the rights of people, we should protect the quality of life that we enjoy for all. Granted we did disagree on how that should be accomplished, but it was a good point none the less.
Personally, I didn’t like this book very much, because I believe that my God is bigger than any one country or political view. Yes, sometimes He uses them to accomplish His work, but more often than not, it’s through hearts that He works. 

To read more about this book, please visit http://christianaudio.com/review/product/list/id/24126/

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Rose. Although politics is my passion, People to often for get that God is bigger then any elected official, and that he uses both the good and the bad leaders

    ReplyDelete