Friday, August 17, 2012

Audiobook Review: Forgiveness




I received this book courtesy of Christian Audio for the purpose of reviewing and promoting this book. 

I was so excited to begin my reviews for Christian Audio. I love audiobooks and spiritual books. This is the best of all worlds.

Narrator thoughts – 
I like this narrator. He has a very clear distinct voice. Some narrators just show up and say the words and you can tell that in their voice. This narrator sounded like he tried to put himself in the authors shoes and read from the authors point of view.This added a great dimension to the audiobook.

Book thoughts –
As far as the book went, I liked that he described forgiveness as a process. Some people make forgiveness sound so easy and fast. I appreciated the Adam Hamilton’s advice on how to reconcile relationships and restore peace. It’s not a one size fits all process, it’s God working in us that brings about forgiveness. “True forgiveness happens when we accept the truth of God’s forgiveness for us. Only then can we forgive others.” This is my favorite quote from the book. One of the other things I like is that he emphasized prayer in every situation and getting personal help. I liked that he didn’t try to fix everyone’s problems, but tried to help you toward forgiveness.
  
For more on Forgiveness and other great audiobooks go to http://christianaudio.com/forgiveness-adam-hamilton

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great audio book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great Rose! I just added it to my Goodreads to read or listen to in the future. :D You did an excellent review!

    Love in Christ,
    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! And that is an awesome opportunity to be able to do reviews for that company! :) I'd enjoy a job like that! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete