Monday, July 14, 2014

Love Walked Among Us ~ Audiobook Review



I received this book courtesy of Christian Audio for the purpose of writing a review. 

Narrator Thoughts ~ Once again I was treated to an author read book. It always adds an extra demention to the book when the author can add his or her own touch to the book. I enjoyed hearing this author read his book with emotion and passion. While it wasn't the most perfessional I've heard and at times I felt they could have done a better job of editing. Still I think the soulfulness and beauty of the author reading it was worth it. 

Book Thoughts ~ The title of this book was intriuging to me. The past few years God has been showing me how to trust in His love and love others in the same way. Sadly though, lately I had been slipping into the habit of being selfish. This book challenged me to the core. Through personal struggle and looking at the life of Jesus, Paul shows how we can love like Jesus. After I was halfway done with the book, I noticed my perspective was changing. I started to notice others needs. Instead of getting upset, I would try to see it from their perspective. Instead of confronting a friend about an issue, we sat down and I gently told her what I was seeing cause a rif in our relationship. We cleared the air and we were both built up. When I chose to lift her up and see things through her eyes, the result was the deepening of a relationship. 
This book was so good at just showing how Jesus loved and showing how we could love in the same way. I love Pauls mix of honesty and story. It was exactly what I needed to hear.
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn to love like Jesus loved and loves. 

You can buy this audiobook at christianaudio.com or amazon.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment