Friday, June 28, 2013

Next Generation Leader: Audiobook Review


By Rose H.

Narrator thoughts – I can’t say much either way. He had a good voice and it was easy to understand him, but it didn’t seem like he very passionate about this topic. Overall it was fairly good and he delivered the book well.

Book thoughts – I liked many of his thoughts on leadership. His thoughts on honing in on your strengths and making sure you live out your priorities were encouraging. Today it’s so easy to get sidetracked. So easy to crave power and fame and lose what is most valuable to you in the process. Yet we aren’t super human. We can only do so much. Focusing in on your strengths and letting others take care of the rest is incredibly liberating.

On the other hand because of the spiritual journey God has taken me on, I don’t think that the church system is the primary place where God works. I’m not saying that all of us are called to leave the church, but not all of us fit into that system anymore. For me I feel God is leading me into some leadership positions that extend beyond the church system. Sometimes it seemed like that’s the only leadership position he thought a Christian could have.


So while overall I felt the book was fairly good and I was able to glean some encouragement. I would recommend this book to anyone who is going into ministry or church leadership. It will help get you started on the right track. 

To Explore this title, follow the link http://christianaudio.com/review/product/list/id/30185

No comments:

Post a Comment