Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Book Review: Disability and the Gospel


By Rose H.

I received this audiobook courtesy of Christian Audio for the purpose of writing a review. 

Narrator thoughts – To be honest this guy had a good voice, but he seemed monotone to me. I felt like he could have done a better job on the emphasis and speaking with emotion.


Book thoughts – Overall the book was good. I liked how the author points out how Jesus reached out to the broken, weary, and lost to show His glory. And how we should do the same. Too often we shun the disabled and turn our backs on the broken, instead of loving them for the people that God created them to be. That I think is a very good point.

What I didn’t like so much was mid-way through the book when the author started getting into theology. I felt like I lost track of where he was going and got lost in an answer to a theology question that I had forgotten. Besides I disagreed with some of his thoughts about why suffering happens to us.
It’s not the greatest book on suffering, but I liked some parts of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment