Friday, July 13, 2012

Ministry Assignment: Food Pantry


Photo Credit ~ Mikayla H.

For the past year my family and I have been volunteering at a local food pantry. This is fun, invigorating, and fulfilling work.

We come in and sack food. They food pantry volunteers come in and take these prepared items and hand them out to the poor. It’s a simple system, but I am so glad we get to be a part of it.

We get to help other Christians fill a need in someone’s life. We get to work together as a family. We get to make a difference.

I enjoy helping out there. It’s a ministry allows me to see how much I have.

1 comment:

  1. Rose, you are inspiring, you know that? <3

    I tagged you in this post, even though I know you already participated via FB. If you feel like doing a tag-it post on one of your blogs, though, feel free! :) As you wish.

    http://www.rachellerea.com/2012/07/want-sneak-peek-into-my-wip.html

    Love you, girl!
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete